Wednesday, October 1, 2008

MTC




After a hectic morning and about 35 minutes late, we finally arrived at the MTC in Provo. Spencer was excited and ready to go. We watched the movie, listened to the brief talks and then gave our hugs and goodbyes. He walked away, waved and paused before he walked behind "the door" and gave us all a final wave with a big two thumbs up. We will miss him, but know that he will be a wonderful missionary in Fiji.

Laura's impression of the MTC: "First you box em and then you ship em and then you box em again and ship em." (Mrs. Doubtfire, 1980) Spencer is expected to ship December 8.

6 Comments:

Blogger MOM THE BOMB said...

Great observation, Laura! Spencer looks great, and very happy. He'll make a great missionary. Isn't it great to live so close to the MTC. It was more than a morning for us.

October 1, 2008 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Grandma Wendy said...

---hard day for you, but he should be a great missionary. You have such an outstanding family!!!

October 1, 2008 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger Emily Hamilton said...

I love Laura's interpretation of the MTC! Spencer looks great! He is going to be such a wonderful missionary! I can't believe my baby brother is old enough to be out on a mission...crazy! We send our love!

October 2, 2008 at 6:21 AM  
Blogger Emily Hamilton said...

Ahhhh...I love his little orange 'dork dot' for his first day. His looks so happy!

October 2, 2008 at 6:23 AM  
Blogger Squirrel said...

Go Spencer go!

October 2, 2008 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Heidi, ohmygosh, I FEAR the MTC. I'm never going. Congratulations on facing my fear. I hope your son has a wonderful mission. I am sure he is well prepared.

October 2, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home